The coop construction has gone more quickly as of late. Last week Lady Bug and I saw another free window on CL, not knowing that it was absolutely huge. The place was close by and the window was insulated so we went to check it out. It doesn't look gigantic from these pictures but it measures 33" by 68" and weighed well over 100 lbs!
It was a bear to get it to fit into the hole I cutout. Let alone get it to be square, but now it is caulked in and ready for some chickens to look out of it.
The door we also got for free off CL. Luckily the door was much easier to get in than the window and was square the first time we put it in. All I have to do is to plug the deadbolt hole and it is ready to go.
There is still a lot of work ahead, including putting in vents, the door to the chicken run, wiring, insulation, walls, and finally nest boxes. We have a month until eggs start coming...we better get working!