Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Problem Solved

I checked out the book Perennials for Midwestern Gardens by Anthony Kahtz and was pleased to find a solution to a Friday Problem there. Staring at me on page 20 was the name of the flower from 7/11.
To my great surprise it was not a mini carnation like I had thought but a relative to Yarrow. It actual name is Achillea ptarmica "The Pearl".

I never thought I would find a member of the Yarrow family which I enjoy so much. This plant had bloomed all summer. It does tend to flop a little, but I am sure that one could prune it and keep it shorter.

Here are the specs:
Achillea ptarmica
Hardiness: 2b to 9a
Origin: Europe and Western Asia
Mature Height: 18 - 24 inches
Mature Spread: 2 feet
Season of Bloom: Early to Late summer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...