Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Book Review

I finished reading "Gardening When it Counts" by Steve Solomon. It was an interesting read. He takes you back to times when farmers knew and used the trick and tips of the trade.
To the times when people valued good tools and knew how to take care of them. He says that tools are intentionally sold blunt, which I never realized. He also describes how to pick out a good shovel and sharpen it. I confess I have never sharpened a shovel or hoe.

I usually do not like gardening books without pictures, but I have to say this book had me intrigued. It makes you rethink the square foot gardening approach and go back to the basics. His inside seed business knowledge was also interesting. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...