Saturday, August 23, 2008

Update from the berry patch

Our raspberries are done for the season. We got a few to eat, but not enough to make jam. The strawberries didn't turn out so well because we used straw with seeds to mulch them, turning our strawberry patch into a hay field! The same thing happened to the raspberries but they didn't seem to be effected as badly.

We also planted blueberries but they failed miserably. We ended up taking them back to Fleet Farm. The NEW plan is to amend a patch of soil this fall and try again in the spring.

1 comment:

Mother Nature said...

Welcome to Blotanical. Better luck next time with the berries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...