Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Plums

The plums are finally ripe. We have quite a few on the tree. Some have small holes where a bug has crawled in, but most seem alright.
Now I have to figure out what to make, does anyone have any good recipes. Maybe I will try plum jelly. Here is a picture after I have picked over the ripe plums. There are still several left.

This is the twisted crooked tree they came from. I can almost reach the plums at the top. The trees branches and trunk are in no condition to stand on so I might have to bring the ladder down to get a few more. I still need to find a pole for my apple grabber.

I just found a picture of the tree in this spring. It was covered in blossoms then.

As seen in the picture some of the fruit have brown rot. We need to keep an eye on this and remove all effected areas especially the ones that have fallen. Although the deer will probably eat those.

While I was picking these the chickens came to check out what I was doing. I fed them plums that had fallen and they went crazy over them.

1 comment:

Chris said...

The chickens are always hungry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...