Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Problem: Clematis

We are back to identifying varieties, this time a clematis. In the spring we cut it back and it has taken off. Now it is full of blooms.




I like it so much that I am trying to propagate it with a layering method. I just tore off the leaves and stuck the vine under the dirt in these containers. Hopefully it will root. It would be nice to know the variety when I passed them along to friends. In fact if you identify it and want a plant (if I can get it to root), it is yours!

UPDATE: I think I found it!
Clematis 'Comtesse de Bouchaud'
Zones 4-11, grows 8 to 13 feet
Francisque Morel, France, 1903. AGM. Comtesse has pinkish mauve 4-6" flowers. Hardy, floriferous and compact, this selection is well suited to scramble around in a perennial border or grow it on a traditional trellis. Pruning: 3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...