Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bloom Day - June 2008

I am a little late on my post for bloom day but I have been busy. Usually I take pictures of single flowers, since all the gardens are either brand new or the previous owners. However, I am risking the humiliation and showing you the overgrown weedy garden in its entirety. I welcome design tips or suggestions because this garden will be overhauled in the near future. Without further ado, I give you the "North Garden".

The irises are still in bloom. There are also several red and white peonies just starting to bloom. One thing that we have noticed is that ants are not attracted to these varieties. They also have no fragrance. The two weigela are a striking red.



There are also small plants like this dianthus tucked in here and there. I have moved a couple to another garden that had a few bare spots. This fall, I am definitely going to be dividing and moving a lot of plants. Also in this garden are small white flower in bloom, could very well be a weed.

In other gardens the following are in bloom:
Siberian Iris, bleeding hearts, coral bells, hydrangea anomala periolaris, petunias, vinca, allium, columbine, oxeye daisies, violets, wild geranium, Spiderwort, and many more unidentified blooms.

Thank you Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting Garden Blogger's Bloom Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...